M.E.S Asmabi College, a premier educational institution managed by the Muslim Educational Society (Regd.) Calicut, owes its existence to the remarkable foresight and unremitting zeal of the late Dr. P.K.Abdul Gafoor, the late P.K. Abdulla and late Dr. A.K Siddiq Karikulam Azhikode.
Started in the year 1968 at P. Vemballur, Kodungallur, a remote coastal backward village in the S N Puram Panchayath of Thrissur District with the main objective of uplifting the educationally backward community especially muslims of the area who had been denied of the right to education for generations. The college now caters to the needs of the students throughout Kerala and Lakshadweep , cutting across the barriers of class, caste, creed and religion. Hajee Ismail Essa Sait of Cochin initially donated the land and the building and the college was named after his mother Asmabi.
The college which enjoys 2F and 12 B status of the UGC is affiliated to the Calicut Uiversity. At present it provides higher education to about 1200 students in twelve undergraduate and Four Post Graduate Courses. The college is Re-accredited by the NAAC at A level in September 2012.