|Name||Ansar E B|
|Department||Dept. of Chemistry|
|Qualifications||MSc Chemistry, PhD|
|Area of Specialization||Inorganic Chemistry|
|Achievements/Awards||1. Awarded Endeavour Post Doctoral Research Fellowship from Department of
Education, Australian Government in the year 2016
2. Awarded Best presentation in Material Research Society of India (MRSI) Thiruvananthapuram Chapter; Annual Technical Meeting April 2nd 2016; IIST Valiamala,
3. Awarded travel grant for attending International Conference TERMIS-AP 2013, China from Department of Biotechnology, New-Delhi, India. October 2013
|Membership in Academic Bodies of Universities/Autonomous Colleges.|
|Date of Joining||12-12-2018|
|Address||Ereath House, Mudickal P.O, Perumbavoor,
Ernakulam,Kerala, India. PIN-683547
|Publications||1. Ansar E.B, M. Ajeesh, Y. Yokogawa, W. Wunderlich, H. Varma, Synthesis and
Characterization of Iron Oxide Embedded Hydroxyapatite Bioceramics, J. Am.Ceram.
Soc. 95 (2012) 2695–2699. DOI:10.1111/j.1551-2916.2011.05033.x. [IF:2.107]
2. Ansar E.B, S.S. Nazeer, F.B. Fernandez, K.S. Muvvala, W. Wunderlich, S.Anil, et
al., An aqueous method for the controlled manganese (Mn2+) substitution in
superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for contrast enhancement in MRI, Phys.
Chem. Chem. Phys. 17 (2015) 4609–4619. DOI:10.1039/C4CP05122J. [IF:4.449]
3. Ansar E.B, F.B. Fernandez, A. John, Self-assembled superparamagnetic
nanocomposite-labelled cells for noninvasive, controlled, targeted delivery and
therapy, RSC Adv. 5 (2015) 36742–36752. DOI: 10.1039/C4RA16185H. [IF:3.289]
4. Ansar E.B, F.B. Fernandez, S.S. Nazeer, R.S. Jayasree, A. John, S. Anil, et al.,
Multifunctional nano manganese ferrite ferrofluid for efficient theranostic application,
Colloids Surf. B Biointerfaces. 136 (2015) 1089–1097.
5. Ansar E B, F. B. Fernandez, H.K Varma, Self Controlled Hyperthermia & MRI
Contrast Enhancement via Iron Oxide Embedded Hydroxyapatite Superparamagnetic
particles for Theranostic Application, ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng (Accepted, DOI:
6. M.K. Surendra, S. Annapoorani, Ansar E.B, P.R.H. Varma, M.S.R. Rao, Magnetic,
hyperthermia studies on water-soluble polyacrylic acid-coated cobalt ferrite
nanoparticles, J. Nanoparticle Res. 16 (2014) 1–14. DOI: 10.1007/s11051-014-2773-
7. Sabareeswaran A, Ansar E.B, Mohanan PV, Varma HK, Kumari TV, Mast cell
infilteration and antioxidant induction of dextran and polyethylene glycol coated
SPIONs: An in-vivo study, Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine
12 (2016) 1523-1533. DOI: 10.1016/j.nano.2016.02.018 [IF:5.671]
8. Shyma M.S., Ansar E.B, V. Gayathri, H.K. Varma, P.V. Mohanan, Attenuationof
Cisplatin Induced Toxicity by Melatonin, Loaded on a Dextran Modified Iron Oxide
Nanoparticles:An In Vitro Study, J. Forensic Toxicol. Pharmacol 2 (2015) 1-10. DOI:
9. Vijayan, V, Ansar E.B, Shenoy Sachin, Muthu Jayabalan, Thomas, Vinoy, “PEGylated Super paramagnetic near 1 R emitting fluorescent iron oxide nanogel for
potential theranostic applications” ACS Applied Bio Materials (Submitted)
10. Ansar E B, Ravikumar K, Suresh Babu S, Manoj Komath, Bikramjit Basu,
HarikrishnaVarma P R, “Inducing apatite pre-layer on titanium surface through
hydrothermal processing for osseointegration” Materials Science and Engineering: C
(Submitted) [IF: 5.08]
11. S. Anil, A.F. Al-Sulaimani, Ansar E B, E.P. Chalisserry, H.P. Varma, M.D. Al Amri,
Drug Delivery Systems in Bone Regeneration and Implant Dentistry, (2015).
http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs-wm/48155.pdf. [Book Chapter]
12. Ansar E B, Sekharapillai Vijayan, Harikrishna Varma PR “Ceramic Moiety Modified Magnetic Nanoparticle – Biomedical Applications in Cell Separation & Hyperthermia Therapy”, Patent Ref Number IPBCL 055.Y14. [Patent]
|Conference Presentations||1. Ansar E B., Yoshiyuki Yokogawa, Harikrishna Varma PR “Preparation of Iron Oxide Embedded Hydroxyapatite for Biomedical Applications”, - International Conference on Biomaterials and Implants: Prospects and Possibilities in the New Millennium (BIO 2011) at CGCRI, Kolkata 21-23 July, 2011.
2. Ansar E B., Manoj Komath, Harikrishna Varma P R “Iron Oxide Embedded Hydroxyapatite – A New Generation Magnetic Bioceramic” - nanobio, 2nd International Conference on Nanotechnology at the Bio-Medical Interface at Amrita Centre for Nanosciences & Molecular Medicine- AIMS, Kochi 21- 23, 2012 February, 2012.
3. Ansar E B, Fernandez.F.B, Annie John, Harikrishna Varma P R“The ceramic moiety
modified superparamagnetic nanoparticles for efficient cell separation” - TERMIS-AP 2013 October 23-26 in Shanghai and Wuzhen, PR China.
4. Ansar E B, Fernandez.F.B, Krishna Surendra.M, Annie John, M.S. Ramachandra
Rao, Harikrishna Varma P R “The evaluation of hyperthermia effect to cancerous cells by biocompatible inorganic matrix modified magnetic nanocrystals in the presence of RF induction alternating magnetic field” - IUMRS-ICA 2013: 16th – 20th December 2013, at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
5. Ansar E B, Fernandez.F.B, Shaiju. S.N, R.S. Jayasree, Annie John, Harikrishna Varma P R “Manganese ferrite superparamagnetic nanoparticles for theranostic application" - International Symposium on Photonics Applications and Nanomaterials, ISPAN-2015; 28-30 October 2015.
6. Ansar E B, Harikrishna Varma P R “Theranostic Approaches Using Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles” (MRSI) Thiruvananthapuram Chapter at IISTtrivandrum2nd, April 2016
7. Ansar E B, workshop on “ the New regulations on Drug trails in India” at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala,
India, on 6th, August 2016.
8. Ansar E B, Fernandez.F.B and Harikrishna Varma P R “Development of a magnetic levitated three dimensional cell culture platform for potential biomedical applications” The 6th Asian Biomaterial Congress held during October 25-27, 2017 hosted by SCTIMST, Thiruvananthapuram, India.