ANTI RAGGING CELL
To prohibit any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student, or indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student or asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student, with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student, and thereby, to eliminate ragging.
As per the UGC Regulations and instructions Anti Ragging Committee is constituted in the college as detailed below.
Sri. Shibu A Nair
Dept. of Aquaculture
Mob: 9846262611, 9048315896
Dr. K P Sumedhan
Self financing Wing
Sri. Abdul Naser U
Dept. of History
Smt. Shahija V A
Assistant Professor (Contract)
Dept. of Business Administration
Dr. Shahida A T
Dept. of Mathematics
Dr. Ajims P Mohammed
WHAT CONSTITUTES RAGGING
Raging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts
• Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which as the effect or teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
• Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
• Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student
• Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other or a fresher.
• Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
• Any act of financial extortion of forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any student or students.
• Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it ; sexual abuse homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
• Any act or abuse by spoken words, e mails ,post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure ,vicarious, or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
• Any act that effects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student.
With or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING
The institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed here in under.
1. The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-ragging Squad.
2. The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
o Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
o Withholding/Withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
o Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
o Withholding results if the University decides so.
o Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament,youth festival, etc.
o Suspension/Expulsion from the hostel.
o Cancellation of admission.
o Rustication from the institution for a period as per norms as decided by the College Council.
o Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
WHAT SUPPORT THE VICTIMS CAN AVAIL?
Students can register the complaint with the Principal. They can access the following 24 hours toll free telephone number or website of UGC to register their complaints regarding ragging for which action will be taken within 24 hours keeping the intimation confidential.
Helpline No. 1800 – 180 – 5522
HOW THE ANTI RAGGING CELL FUNCTIONS?
• Ragging in any kind is strictly prohibited inside the campus.
• Anti-ragging squads constituting teachers are active and vigilant inside the campus.
• CCTV cameras have been installed at vital points within the campus
• Posters against ragging in all the class rooms and strategic places such as canteen, hostels, library,
entrance to various blocks etc.
• Pamphlets against ragging are circulated among students.
• Awareness is given to students via class tutors.
• Announcements at regular intervals through the public addressing system about the consequences of ragging.
• Deals with the complaints if any through a foolproof procedure.