ATTENDANCE AND LEAVE OF ABSENCE
1. The working day is divided into two sessions. Three hours in F.N. and two hours in A.N. Attendance will be marked at the beginning of each period. If a student is absent for one hour in a session he/she will be treated as absent for half day.
2. No student shall absent himself from class without leave.The students should submit leave letter to the tutor after the day of absence without fail.
3. Absence from class for one hour in one session will be considered as absence in that session.
4. Leave for a period may be granted by principal. Application for leave should be given to the Principal through the class tutor.
5. Absence without leave, evading test papers and terminal examinations will be seriously dealt with.
6. Attendance and Progress Certificate required by the University for the eligiblity to write the examination will not be granted unless (i) a student has attended not less than 75% of the working days during the academic year and (ii) the Principal is satisfied with the student’s progress and conduct.
7. The students who fail to earn 75% of attendance will be permitted to appear for examination only after producing a condonation of shortage of attendance from the University. Condonation of shortage for attendance is restricted for 13 days of absence in normal case and in special cases the maximum of 20 days. No exception will be granted to a student whose deficiency of attendance exceeds 20 days.
8. Condonation is allowed only twice during the period of a Programme.
9. Sick leave, union activities of college union members, cultural and fine arts activities of N.S.S., C.S.S., N.C.C. should be limited to 25% of attendance and the leave applied should be submitted to the principal counter signed by the teacher in charge.
10. A student will be removed from rolls if he/she absent from the college for more than 15 consecutive working days without satisfactory explanation.
11. The Students should be submit leave letter to the tutor after the day of absence without fail.