Even though Kerala is a 100% literate state, the growth of industrial sector has not been as per the potential of the state. The highest educated unemployment rate and migration rate show that Keralites are reluctant to invest productively and economically. The money and man power are not properly tapped. It is found out that the basic core of the problem is lack of entrepreneurial skill. Hence Department of Industries & Commerce, Government of Kerala set up Entrepreneurship Development Clubs in schools and colleges to inculcate Entrepreneurial culture amongst youth.
In this college, ED Club was started in the year 2007 to equip the students with the skills, techniques and confidence to act as torch-bearers of Enterprise for the new generation in the name of “COOPZ MOXIE” which means “cage/shelter providing ability to be active.As name indicates, the members of the ED Club initiate team work to be a successful entrepreneur.
- To create wealth and employment in proportion with unlimited natural and immense human resource potential of Kerala by developing entrepreneurship in the youth.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial culture among students.
- To induct entrepreneurial spirit in the institution.
- To motivate the members into the industrial activity.
- To nurture the latent entrepreneurial talent.
ED Club organises various programmes in association with
- DIC (District Industries Centre, Kodungallur) and
- KIED (Kerala Institute of Entrepreneurship Development, Kalamassery)
- ED Club has secured Best Performing ED Club (college level) in Thrissur district in 2017-18.
Co-ordinator : Princy Francis