The college Library is dedicated to the memory of Jb. P. K. Abdulla who was one of the architects of M.E.S. The new library block which was constructed in 1991 is a spacious building having 3500 Sq. Ft. carpet area with the reading area, Stock area, Periodical sections and Librarian’s cabin. A 1000 Sq. Ft. floor accommodates the reference section and the post graduates library. The library has been computerized with the assistance of UGC. It is one of the best libraries in the area with many rare books in its collection. At present the library has a total collection of 30,000 books.
Working Hours : 8.30 AM – 5.00 PM (All Working Days)
The Library provides:
- WEB OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) for book search
- DIGITAL LIBRARY
- Internet facility is available in library that can be used by teachers and students.
- NLIST e-resources (3000 +e-journals and 75000 + e-books)
- Digital Library (Academic & Research Database of e-books available within the Library)
- KODUNGALLUR SHELF containing books about the history and culture in Kodungallur region
- Previous University question papers for reference
- Newspapers and Periodicals
1. All members of the staff and students of the college are members of library and are entitled to borrow books.
2. The Library will be opened from 8.30am to 5pm on all working days and it will be closed on sundays and all recognized holidays.
3. Books from the references section will not be allowed to be taken out of the library except with the written authorization of the Principal. They can be consulted in the library room on all days during which the library remains open.
4. Strict silence should be observed in the library.
5. Books cannot be sublet. Those who violate this rule will be severely punished.
6. All markings, underlining etc. on books are punishable with a fine or with replacement or both.
7. The student must satisfy himself as to whether the book issued to him is in good condition and if it is not, it should be brought to the notice of the Librarian. For all damages to books noticed at the time of their return to the library the borrower will be held responsible and he will have to pay the cost of the replacement.
8. If the book is lost by borrower he must pay the cost of replacing it together with any fine that the principal may impose upon them.
9. The books should be returned to the library within the stipulated period. Absence from the college will not be admitted as an excuse for delay in returning books.
Library Advisory Committee:
Dr. A. Biju (Principal)
Dr. Mohammed Nasser K M
Dr. Muralikrishnan T R
Dr. K P Sumedhan
Smt. Shaheeda T M
Dr. Shahida A T
Dr. Kesavan K (Co-ordinator, IQAC)