Jb. P. K. Abdulla Memorial Library
The college Library is dedicated to the memory of Jb. P. K. Abdulla who was one of the architects of M.E.S. The new library block which was constructed in 1991 is a spacious building having 3500 Sq. Ft. carpet area with the reading area, Stock area, Periodical sections and Librarian’s cabin. A 1000 Sq. Ft. floor accommodates the reference section and the post graduates library. The library has been computerized with the assistance of UGC. It is one of the best libraries in the area with many rare books in its collection. At present the library has a total collection of 30,000 books. Internet facility is available in library that can be used by teachers and students.
There is a special section in Library called Kodungallur shelf containing books about the history and culture in Kodungallur region
Working Hours : 8.30 AM – 5.00 PM (All Working Days)
1. All members of the staff and students of the college are members
of library and are entitled to borrow books.
2. The Library will be opened from 8.30am to 5pm on all working days
and it will be closed on sundays and all recognized holidays.
3. Books from the references section will not be allowed to be taken
out of the library except with the written authorization of the Principal.
They can be consulted in the library room on all days during which
the library remains open.
4. Strict silence should be observed in the library.
5. Books cannot be sublet. Those who violate this rule will be severely
6. All markings, underlining etc. on books are punishable with a fine or
with replacement or both.
7. The student must satisfy himself as to whether the book issued to
him is in good condition and if it is not, it should be brought to the
notice of the Librarian. For all damages to books noticed at the time
of their return to the library the borrower will be held responsible
and he will have to pay the cost of the replacement.
8. If the book is lost by borrower he must pay the cost of replacing it
together with any fine that the principal may impose upon them.
9. The books should be returned to the library within the stipulated
period. Absence from the college will not be admitted as an excuse
for delay in returning books.
Library Advisory Committee:
Dr. Muralikrishnan T.R., Shahida. T.M.