Mathematics was a subject of study in M.E.S. Asmabi College right from its inception at 1968. Mrs. T M Suhara Beevi was the only teacher in the Department then. BSc. Mathematics was started in the college during the academic year 1982-83 with statistics and Astronomy as subsidiary subjects. In the academic year 2001-2002, the subsidiary subject Astronomy was changed to Physics. In the Academic year 2010-2011, Biophysics was changed to BSc. Physics and Mathematics became the compulsory complementary for BSc. Physics.
|B. Sc. Mathematics||6 Semesters||+2 or equivalent|
Prof. T M Suhara Beevi
Prof. K P Abdul Kader
Prof. M. Shahul Hameed
Prof. P M. Khadija Beevi
Prof. K Renuka
Prof. S Shamsudheen
Prof. V K Savithri
Invited Talks/Seminars/Training Programmes conducted
- “Madhavam” _ a documentary on Sangamagrama Madhavan – Production: Dept of mathematics, Script & direction: Muhammed Afsal (final year student -2013), Co-ordinator: V.K.Savithri (HOD, Department of Mathematics).
- Regional seminar on “contributions of Ramanujan” by Dr P.Ramakrishnan (DIST Angamaly, former HOD, Dept of Mathematics,Cochin College, Cochin) on 18th December 2012.
- Regional workshop on ”Python Programming” by Sri R. Sreeraj,Assistant prof. RCET Thrissur on 22nd January 2013.
- Workshop on “Vedic Mathematics” by Sri. Vijayaraghavan Master (Rtd. Principal, Govt. HSS, Palakkad) on 2nd December 2013.
- A lecture on “Infinite series” by Dr P.Ramakrishnan (DIST Angamaly, former HOD, Dept of Mathematics,Cochin College, Cochin) on 10th January 2014.
- Workshop on “Kanakkinte kilivathil” by Prof. M.K. Chandran (Former HOD, Christ College, Irinjalakuda) on 11th December 2014.
- Lecture on “Real Analysis” by Dr. Sunny Kuriakose(FISAT Mookannur, Former Principal, BPC College, Piravam) on 12th Dec 2014.
- Lecture on “Applications of Mathematics in Real life” by Dr. Sunny Kuriakose(FISAT Mookannur, Former Principal, BPC College, Piravam
- UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Indian Mathematics – The Golden Age” – March 22nd & 23rd 2016 – Inaugurated by Dr. Sunny Kuriakose(FISAT Mookannur, Former Principal, BPC College, Piravam).
Skill-Enhancement Programmes conducted
3- day workshop on
|Prof. Biju Joseph
Prof. Chakkochan. J. Njavallil
Prof. Ajimon Geoorge
On skill enhancement
for final year degree students
|3||Counselling class for I year degree students||Sr. Leena Therese
(Holy family convent, Njarakkal)
|Counselling class for II year degree students||Advo. Vincent Joseph(counsellor)||18-12-2013|
- Learning, teaching & propagating Vedic Mathematics- K. Savithry (HOD) & some students (Manvi of II B.S.c, Musthafa, Unnimaya, Saly, Fayiza & Saniya of III B.Sc) attended a National workshop on Vedic Mathematics at Tharananellur College, Irinjalakuda on 16th & 17th July 2016.
- Musthafa, Unnimaya, Saly, Fayiza & Saniya of III B.Sc engaged 4 classes to teach Vedic Mathematics for the other students of III B.Sc.
- Conducted a work shop on 5th August 2016 for the students of 5th, 6th, & 7th standards at MES U.P. School, Vekode
- Conducted classes for the 8th standard students of THS, Kodungallur