- Contributing to National Development
Contributing to national development has always been one of the core values of our institution. Incorporating the ideals of social justice, equity and imparting liberal education to all cutting across the barriers of caste, class and creed, our institution caters to the demands of society and country at large and thereby ensures its indelible imprint in nation building process.
- Fostering Global Competencies among Students
To foster global competencies and skill in students our institution has an array of collaborations and network with established agencies and bodies. The tie ups with their innovative, creative and entrepreneurial approach prepare the students to face global challenges successfully.
- Inculcating a Value System among Students
Our college provides appropriate learning experiences and opportunities which muster core universal values like truth and righteousness. The curricular and extra curricular activities of the college are in par with the values and ideals enshrined and emphasized in the various policy documents of the country.
- Promoting the Use of Technology
Our institution undertakes technological advancements and innovations in educational transactions thereby making a technical impact on academic development and administration. Significant technological innovations like ICT enabled teaching, electronic data management have been effectively implemented by the institution.
- Quest for Excellence
Our home community of teachers, students and management strive to mould the institution into a centre of excellence through a future oriented and interdisciplinary paradigm of ‘learning’.
- Faculty should encourage the free exchange of ideas between themselves and students.
- Faculty conscientiously strives to be fair and balanced in their evaluation of student work.
- Faculty should not exploit their students for personal gain.
- Faculty should be fair and objective when providing references for students.
- Faculty shall not disclose information about students obtained in the course of professional service unless disclosure serves a compelling professional purpose or is required by law.
- Faculty-student personal relationships are unethical when they hinder any student’s academic progress or create a situation in which any student is either favored or negatively impacted on grounds other than academic performance.
- Because a teacher/student relationship is inherently unequal, a member of the faculty should not enter into a sexual relationship with his/her student while engaged in a professional relationship.
- Faculty has the obligation to meet classes as scheduled, to maintain office hours and to provide reasonable means for student access to
- Faculty, whether acting in academic or administrative capacity, treats each other with fairness and respect, and conduct themselves with dignity and restraint in all exchanges with colleagues.
- Faculty defends the right of their colleagues to academic freedom.
- While critical evaluation is an essential part of academic activity, faculty should be fair and objective when presenting a professional judgment on their colleagues’ work and shall not knowingly make false or malicious statements about a colleague.
- Faculty shall avoid threatening or abusive behaviour or language, verbal harassment or intimidation of another member of the faculty, under any circumstance while on the college campus.
- A faculty member shall not knowingly misrepresent the views/positions of colleagues to further their own position or point of Faculty maintains currency in their academic fields.
- In accepting a position at the College, faculty assumes obligations to contribute to the college community. They should act so as to secure the good of the College. Such activities include, though are not limited to, participation in the governance and administration of the College through membership on committees and organizations at various levels.
- Faculty assumes the responsibility of informing themselves of, and abiding by the policies established for the orderly conduct of affairs of the College.
- Faculty avoids potential conflicts of interest unless, after full consultation, they have the approval of the appropriate College authority to which they are responsible.
- Faculty avoids engaging in outside professional activity that conflict with their responsibilities and duties to their College appointments.
- Faculty treat College support staff with fairness and respect and should not exploit support staff for personal gain, or abuse them either verbally or physically.